The letters in this section are from people who either own vacation rental property in Coral Bay, or who are frequent visitors to St. John.
Common reasons for writing include:
- The marina will harm tourism in Coral Bay and St. John.
- Tourists visit Coral Bay for the peace and quiet and rural atmosphere.
- The marina will change the nature of Coral Bay.
- Many tourists will not return.
- Coral Bay is just fine the way it is.
- People will post on Travel Forums, and others won’t come.
Melissa Newell, Frequent Visitor: “If you build it, we won’t come. We won’t visit there. We won’t buy a home there. We won’t bring our business there. And I bet that thousands of people who visit St. John every year would agree with me.”
The entrance to Coral Bay.
A local farmer often sells goods at the small table.
The rural atmosphere draws people here.